The sudden arrival of COVID-19 put a lot of companies under extreme pressure, making workplaces a much more complex and demanding environment. Even though businesses have opened up and life has returned to normalcy per se, the world of work seems to have been changed forever. And it is still changing! In such a fast-paced and dynamic scenario, businesses need to understand that if they want to succeed, they must invest in their people’s well-being and build their confidence and resilience. This would empower them, so they are able to work at their highest point of contribution and deliver business results. This can be done by investing in leadership coaching.
Leadership coaches work closely with leaders to help them harness their natural resources to cope better, learn and respond to any struggles they face. They do this by developing both their awareness of themselves and their awareness of those around them and channelling this awareness to be more purposeful and effective in their everyday job roles.
Here we have collated 9 of our favourite statistics around leadership coaching and its impact on business results.
Top Leadership Coaching Statistics
- 77% of respondents at a Fortune 500 company indicated that coaching had a significant impact on at least one of nine business measures. In addition, they uncovered that overall productivity and employee satisfaction were the most positively impacted areas (which in turn has an impact on customer satisfaction, employee engagement, quality, annualised financial results, and more). Source: Executive Briefing: Case Study on the ROI of Executive Coaching, Merrill C. Anderson, PhD, MetrixGlobal, LLC
- Executive Coaching produced a 788% ROI for a Fortune 500 company. Source: Executive Briefing: Case Study on the ROI of Executive Coaching, Merrill C. Anderson, PhD, MetrixGlobal, LLC
- Over 70% of individuals who receive coaching benefited from improved work performance, relationships and more effective communication skills. Source: Institute of Coaching
- Manchester, Inc. surveyed 100 executives, most of which were from Fortune 1000 companies. Their research showed that a company’s investment in Executive Coaching realized an average ROI of almost six times the cost of the coaching. Source: The Manchester Review
- 86% of organisations saw an ROI on their Coaching engagements. Source: International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- 86% of companies surveyed at the Institute of Coaching feel that they recouped the investment they made into coaching plus more on top. Source: Institute of Coaching
- 96% of organisations that had an Executive Coach said they would repeat the process again. Source: International Coaching Federation (ICF) Global Coaching Client Study
- A third of all Fortune 500 companies utilize Executive Coaching as standard leadership development for their elite executives and talented up-and-comers. Source: The Hay Group
- Coaching is profoundly beneficial in the eyes of companies and individuals who hire a coach, with 99% viewing it as “satisfied or very satisfied”.Source: International Coaching Federation (ICF) Global Coaching Client Study
At Biz Group, we have made it our mission to help organisations develop their leaders’ performance and build high-performing teams. Reach out to us if you want to find out more about our different leadership training offerings to invest in people’s well-being, build their confidence and resilience, so they are able to work at their highest point of contribution, and deliver business results even whilst going through incredibly challenging times.