The Emiratisation initiative progressed at full speed in 2019 and is showing no signs of slowing down in 2020. As it was announced that this year will be the year of preparing for the next 50 years, it’s important for companies to embrace Emiratisation in line with the UAE Vision 2021.
How are companies already embracing Emiratisation?
Here are 6 examples of UAE companies that have started Emiratisation:
1. Union Coop
- Union Coop revealed a 37% Emiratisation rate at the end of November (a 30% rise compared to the year before). The number of Emirati Nationals working there reached 423 compared to 725 expatriate employees.
2. Dubai Islamic Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank saw its Emiratisation ratio grow rapidly to 45% which is nearing half of all employees.
- There is also a 100% Emiratisation rate at branch managerial level.
3. Emirates Central Cooling Systems
- Empower have already achieved 40% Emiratisation in senior management this year.
- They have also achieved 33% Emiratisation in middle management
- A total of 15% of the company’s employees are Emiratis
- Etisalat set the goal of filling 100 positions with Emirati candidates in IT, engineering and marketing, and at least 50% of the positions will be filled by Emirati graduates.
- Nearly 50% of Etisalat’s entire workforce is Emirati.
5 . Emirates
- At Emirates, 50% of the senior management is Emirati.
- They are also seeking around 100 pilots, 50 engineers and 20 employees in their technical division for their training programs.
- Leading job roles at RTA are at 95% Emiratisation
- Overall Emiratisation at RTA are at 87%
Don’t fall behind, contact us if you need help with Emiratisation challenges.
love this post from The National UAE highlighting 10 charts that paint a solid picture of Emiratisation.